Northern Powerhouse for Electrification
Time & Location
About the Event
As one of the most established manufacturing sectors in Europe, electrification represents a huge opportunity for the North East of England!
Electrification is a key part of the Government’s plan to bring all greenhouse gas emissions to Net Zero by 2050. In simple terms for automotive, it is the transition of vehicle powertrains from petrol and diesel to powertrains that use electricity.
The region is home to Europe’s most successful Electric Vehicle (EV), the Nissan LEAF, Europe’s first giga battery manufacturing facility, one of three EV battery manufacturing facilities in the North East, and has full Power Electronics, Motors and Drives (PEMD) capability.
Couple this with recent investment announcements from Britishvolt, Turntide Technologies and Peak Resources, and the supporting research and development infrastructure from Driving the Electric Revolution Industrialisation Centre (DER-IC) North East, this really does demonstrate how the North East is leading the UK’s electrification agenda.
Join this interactive event, brought to you by NEAA, EV North and DER-IC to hear about the region’s initiatives that are making big strides towards electrification. Gain further insight into some of the recent announcements which are helping to strengthen the North East’s credentials and have the chance to post your question to a panel of influential people who are helping to supercharge the North East as a net zero leader.
- Welcome – Paul Butler, CEO, NEAA
- North East Electrification Capability and UK Eco System – Ryan Maughan, Chairman, EV North
- The Acquisition of Electric Vehicle Technology - Matt Boyle OBE, Managing Director, Turntide Transport, NEAA Chairman and Chair of Driving the Electric Revolution Industrialisation Centres
- Electrification Panel Discussion
- Networking Breakout
- Ryan Maughan, Chairman, EV North
- Paul Butler, CEO, NEAA
- Matt Boyle OBE, Managing Director, Turntide Transport and NEAA Chairman
- Rachel Chambers, Chief Operating Officer, DER-IC North East
- Chris Caygill, Managing Director, Envision AESC UK
- Julian Hetherington, Director Automotive Transformation, Advanced Propulsion Centre UK